Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Windmill block?



Yah!! I finally managed how to this block!! The internet for once has been very unhelpful and I found only one listing under Windmill block (without instructions thou) SO Kristy gave me a clue as to how she had done hers and with a bit of trimming here and there I managed to through one out. I love this block so much for my quilt scraps year and I bought some tan homespun to tie it all in with . My hubby laughs when I go on about scraps as he said how can they be scraps when Ive paid for the material originally. He definately doesnt "get" quilting!! Although he does know that quilting seams are quarter inch (knowledge by wifely osmosis)

I havent blogged for a few days but its been very quiet here. Just sun and swimming and wishing we were back in Mahia with Moko.

Happy quilting

Cherry

3 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Very pretty! Todd doesn't get the scraps either - although I keep telling him the more scraps I use, the less I'm going to quilt shops!
Kris

Leanne said...

Thanks for heads up on your holiday.

If we went in Feb do you think he will still be there?
Where did you stay? any recommendations?

Love Leanne

Kristie said...

Looks great!!! I love the pattern, it is one of my favorites! Can't wait to see more of them!
Kristie