Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Its not what I originally planned but this cushion is for my Mums birthday in March. She, like me loves chooks:)
And this is the scrappy windmills or whatever the heck they are called becuase you try findinfg them on the internet!!! As the scraps are predominantly brown I want to border them with a dark brown, but I dont have enough in stock...so is it a cheat to buy some reduced fabric for this purpose. Can I still call it a scrap quilt? hat a dilemma...
My local quilting shop out in the country is having a mass quilt making project for the bush fore victims so I will be helping out there.
happy quilting
love cherry

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Love the pillow! I just love chickens! We have several here on our small farm!

I just love how your quilt turned out! I have made two of this pattern already and will probably make another one someday!
Kristie

A Farmstead Pilgrimage... said...

I have just found your blog, via *your following mine* (thanks!)

Lately, I don't seem to *get out much* into blog land for visits. However, I will be back to read here. We have similar thoughts! ;o)

Your quilts are very nice, btw!

Have a great day.
~Kris~

Cindy Larson said...

Love your chicken pillow :) I have this thing for chickens! What can I say? Nice scrap quilt too! Pretty colors :)
Cindy