Monday, February 28, 2011

Scrapping and watching for news

What an incredible seven days it has been..Since the Christchurch earthquake i have been glued to the screen watching the sort of bleak and catastrophic images normally coming from countries a long way away. Although I always thought a earthquake of this magnitude would happen (and i always thought it would be in our particular part of the shaky isle), I guess I never thought the devastation witnessed would happen again (And by again I mean the napier earthquake in 1931). After the big earthquake which bought sown uildings and stopped the city in Septemer, not one person was killed, And so I think I followed that even in big earthquakes we were somehow charmed that death would not follow these natural disasters. How wrong i was. I am weighing up a few options (apart from donating money thats a no brainer) on how best to help. When the Australian bushfires came, our local quilting shop put the call out and we all sent quilts for the victims. id like to do that again. i have about four or five quilt tops needing to be quilted. Or I could make a toy for children, or donate goods. So many things to consider.

In amonst this I have been doing a little scrapping..I took a rest for a couple of days. Tomorrow night I go to my scrapbooking class. where we are shown and provided with the tools for a gorgeous layout. Tomorrow is a lack and white layout that I peeked at briefly. Ive a feeling it would look good with one of Mums earlier glamourous photos. It is good to scrap her like this when the reality of her life now is so very very different, and Im talking of coursr, about the curse of Altzeimers. When i look at her back then i can almost forget the now..almost.

So these camping layouts are Three Bugs in a Rug that i have been contemplating for a few weeks sincve I bought the matching papers. I really enjoy puttin whimsical pictures together and have done that with this one..

And i still have a sizeable amount of scraps left....which is just as well as I have MANY photos of camping left to scrap,!!!

Another one I put together. I mounted the butterflies (from kaiser paper) on foam tape to 3 D them. Im actually quite pleased with this one, sometimes doing this sort of scrapping can look disastrous...

Using kaiser le Chateau paper again and the chandeliar embellishment I scrapped the long ago wedding photos....

And I was pleased to use up scraps and leftovers from previous classes at scrapbooking days. The forever came from  a big canvas we did a few weeks back and reported on in this blog...somewhere... I stole the two birds idea but the templates were from that class too...yeha for leftovers!

And so Ill leave you tonight. Once again it is late and I have work tomorrow and looking after five year olds and their demands is no fun when You are tired!!
Love to you
Cherryxxx

1 comment:

TracyP said...

thanks for visiting my blog! Hasn't the EQ just been devistating, I have stopped watching as it is just too heartbreaking.
Keep up the scrapping and feel free to visit again!