Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Spring is in the air!!

I hate to bring bad news to any one in the Northern hemisphere BUT Spring is only 6 weeks away!! After rain and colder than cold temperatures, after hawkes bay hospital intensive care ward filled to its capacity with swine flu. Frosts like never seen before snow down to low temps unlike ever.....today is a warm, springish calm appealing kind of day. I went out into the front yard and was greeted by piles of sodden rotten leaves so composted that worms had taken up residence in them! It was all so very overwhelming as I knew the back yard thanks to our demented labrodor and two weeks of school holidays as well as the usual wintering of the garden was far far worse. But I made a start and I have to say three hours on it all looks better. I got especially excited when I saw new growth on the strawberries and bulbs eginning to poke their heads up through the cold earth. When that happens I always start to think of what to plant soon hwich fills me with more enthusiasm for the task at hand. Im thinking that i will be buying more strawberries as for some reason I havent got any lttle runners to replant this year. Oh and spinach. This springtime will be the spring of spinach.! I havent got any photos to post, my camera seems to have done a runner so Im posting some of my favourite hand made dolls. On the craft front I have a million projects in my head and three quilts left to samwhich. Alexs quilt is on the binding stage. Im enjoying this as we all watch Days of our lives in the afternoon. I come and go on this programme but at the moment, years ehind USA as we are we are atching marlena the serial killer at work!! Even the girls are intrigues by this storyline . For a soap opera Days is so much an unbeliveable storyline but so watchable!! However the slowness of the thing drives me mad. its like ..find the killer already!! Quite often I read the archives on the internet to let me know whats happeneing or i may well throw something at the tv!
Yesterday we were the first people in NZ to watch the harry Potter film (well us and30,00 more people apparently!)Compared to the first films i thought it was very much for the older viewer and quite hard to understand. The girls liked it although Alex thought it was a bit borin g (and they are HUGE Harry fans) and there seemed to be less than a spell bound audience, Lots of talking, jumping up and down and not much attention to the film. A lot of the audince were teenagers too.
School goes back on Monday. Its funny now all bar one of our family goes back to School. I am determined to bring myself and my kids to more organisation in the morning. Without Namimg names I have one particular bug bear in the morning who when her Dad leaves often goes off to hell in a handcart! Its not fun for anyone and if I leave my children in a bad way after School drop off I feel bad and awful the rest of the day.

Okay Im off now to have a coffee have some lunch and catch up with some binding and then I think Il just head on out to the garden again...

happy gardeninLove Cherry

No comments: