Sunday, May 18, 2008

Quilting madly

Im having a kind of quiltathon..Presently I am quilting Georgias quilt top as winter is very much here, then I will follow through and quilt the other three quilt tops. Its nice by the fire at night to do this, while watching tv (or listening) to TV.
I got a bit of money for a small piece I wrote and soI have had a troll through Spotlight to get some wadding. Amazing they had hundreds of quilting material at $2.00 a metre. Ive got several quilt backings worth for probably a few trips worth and spent probably about 100 so thats not really keeping with my frugality motto...but they were such a bargin. Ive been buying them in four and five metere lots, but last night I happened upon >patriotic%20rail%20fence/">this quilt and I just love it. Im in no way an Amercian but I love the Patriotic quilts and this shouldnt be too hard or long to sew. OF COURSE then I had to go into Spotlight and find some appropriate coloured red and blue colours.(Im not sure of the light beige colour yet), so I limited myself to just three meters each. I have more to buy but I thought I could just stockpile it with my others. The stockpile is rapidly growing out of control right now!!
We have been looking at country properties and this has just been burning the passion for a small farm further, although we didnt need any prodding. We have decided to see the bank manager soon, hoping she doesnt laugh us out the door!

No comments: